Monday, February 16, 2009

And While I'm Behind the Desk...


I picked these up in Hampden a week ago. I had one when I was a little kid named Fred. I flushed him down the toilet, thinking that somehow he would miraculously reappear. (I had a strange fascination with things like the tube that sucked up checks at the bank and sending bath toys down the toilet at age 5. I now wonder if my obsession was in any way related to Freud's stages of psycho-sexual development...I find that there are quite a few instances when I wonder if I really do have a Freudian complex of some sort. I'm pretty sure that I'm sane, thank goodness.) When my mother explained to me that Fred was not going to come back, naturally, I sobbed. Of course when I saw these little finger puppets in Atomic, I had no choice but to buy them. They are now on my windowsill beside my favorite brass angel from Sturgis Antiques. 

No comments:

Post a Comment